Circuit diagram needed!

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by ElectroGeek, Feb 2, 2009.

1. ElectroGeek

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Hello guys!

I am currently doing a project which involves adding a timer system to an electromagnetic plate locking system for a door.
    The design is so the door will be unlocked at a certain time everyday, and locked automatically at a certain time too.

I am currently looking for a circuit/schematic diagram for a timer circuit which might be able to help me out.
    Also as this sort of thing is completely new to me, was wondering if any of you guys could give me some help for something i might need to look at/investigate within the project.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks :)

2. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
  3. ElectroGeek

Feb 2, 2009
    It will be fed from a 230 ac supply, however from initial research most electomagnetic plate locks are fed from a 24v dc supply, so the timer could be fed from the same supply as this instead i think.

I didnt even think about battery back-up, thats a really good point. :)

4. triggernum5

May 4, 2008
    The timer in the thread I have going here would be pretty ideal once I work the kinks out.. Most timer circuits out there are only suitable for short delays, and/or are susceptable to mis-timing due to temperature etc.. This one uses a crystal, not a 555/RC clock generator, so it will keep good time..
    I did quite a bit of hunting though.. Ironically there aren't many suitable 24hr capable timer schematics out there.. The one I settled on as a starting point was WAY more suitable than any others..

5. ElectroGeek

Feb 2, 2009
    That sounds really promising though. Like i said any help would be greatly appreciated, so if there is a chance i can use your circuit to help me that would be great.
    I also have struggled to find any 24hr timer schematics out there, glad its not just me!

6. triggernum5

May 4, 2008
    http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=18762
    The thread is right here.. There are still some technicalities to work out..
    I'm thinking it might be easier to mimick the reset action of the original push switches rather than tapping into the reset lines between the flip-flops..