Circuit Diagram Drawing software

kahafeez

Joined Dec 2, 2008
Hi all, i need to draw a few circuit diagrams and i dont know which software to use.... can anyone plz suggest a few softwares..... and if possible also provide a link where they are likely to be found....

i need a software which has models of ICz like in the pictures attached, the software has models for 89c51 and 74148 etc...

Attachments

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
ExpressPCB is free, and has a shorter learning curve than Eagle, if all you want to do are schematics. It does have the 89C51. It doesn't have the 74148, but it's very easy to create new components or modify the pinouts of similar, existing components in the library.

http://www.expresspcb.com/

ken

kahafeez

Joined Dec 2, 2008
thanks everybody for the useful suggestions..... Eagle and Express PCB are both great softwares....

can anybody please tell me how can i increase the size of my sheet in Express PCB..... i cant find the option anywhere....

kahafeez

Joined Dec 2, 2008
thanks.... so that means u cant have a custom size.... like the size u require???? i actually need small size... so that if i make a schematic i import it to an image file but i dont want the whole sheet.... i only want the part of the sheet which has my drawing thats y i wanted to edit it....

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
What I do is use:

FILE>EXPORT SCHEMATIC IMAGE...>BIT MAP, 300 PIXELS PER INCH>your file name.

I then use Microsoft Picture Manager to crop the BMP image and export it from there as a GIF file. You could use any graphics program that will accept a BMP file, let you edit and save it as a BMP, GIF, PNG, or JPG.

On the full size schematic editor, if you don't use, or want the legend down in the lower right corner, just delete it. It gives you a little more room, if needed.

Ken