Circuit Daigram-please help me

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Jack256, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Jack256

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 27, 2013
    I am a very beginner in all this practical work. We are making a system for defense purpose as a project in the science olympiad in the college.
    Actually I want to know the exact things I require for it and the circuit diagram.

Project Description
    A remote controlled (Radio) vehicle with a wireless camera that shows all the things in front of the system on a laptop. So I think for this a wifi webcam will be ok. We needed a remote controlled firing machine and for that we have a water pump (12V) which should also be remote controlled and fixed on the vehicle. I also want to fix an IR sensor for obstacle detection and on detecting an obstacle it should stop moving. I think that would be simple for you guys. I will be very thankful if someone can help me in this. Actually i dont know how to connect all this and what other things will be needed. and majorly i want a circuit diagram. so please help me!

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    True. We don't do college level projects and hand the results over to the guy that is getting a grade on OUR work. You have to do most of it and we will help you over the bumps.

4. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    Fairly straightforward and simple if you have an unlimited budget.

To do it cheaper, you'll need to define limits, then work on each section.

I'd suggest getting a vehicle to move by computer, then a video feed, then combine the video feed with the movement software.

After that, you can add a fire extinguisher or whatnot, you need the basic platform first. College projects made from kits are highly frowned upon, so you'll need to come up with something based on what you've learned in your classes. That is the point of the project, to show you understand the concepts you've learned, and are able to apply them to a real world problem.

If you are unable to do that, you are either hoping to get some free intellectual property which you do not have, or you are setting your objectives to your project too high.

A good rule of thumb for final year projects: Stick with What YOU Know.

5. Jack256

Feb 27, 2013
    What do you guys think I am?
    And to be honest your talks are too conservative. You dont know the situation and you are saying what ever you want.
    My college is not an engineering college that will grade me on my projects and this project is not even compulsory for me to make. By college I meant the higher secondary school.
    This is for the science olympiad in the "school" and my own idea. Our "school" only wants to provoke something in us on "school" level related to practical work so its helpful in our future.

6. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    Is it practical to ask others to do your work? Is it helpful to you to have the answers handed to you without learning anything?

Since you are provoked with something that is on "school" level, I'd imagine your project should only be at the level on the knowledge you have attained from your "school".

That said, your project requires, first, a mobile base, so build that and work from there, adding pieces of the project as others are completed.

7. Jack256

Feb 27, 2013
    The main purpose is not the work. It is what you did. You faced problems, you consulted engineers, you went to the market, you did a group work.
    And If you want to I will write there your name and contact that this person made this. ok?

After all, you should respect others and shouldn't under estimate anyone.

8. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    I seem to be missing something here. If you didn't do work then what can you claim to have done?

There is no group if someone else designs this for you... Unless you want to say that you did work in that you followed directions?

9. hexreader

Apr 16, 2011
    You are doing a lousy job of motivating people to want to volunteer their free time to help you.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    "The Project" seems to be to, "build a machine". Is the project really, "Assemble a team of engineers and have them build a machine"? It depends on if you are in a science class or a business management class.

11. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    So is this like an Olympics of the Mind type competition, where high school students compete with others in a college setting? You have a budget of $xxx, and need to put together a project that meets the project definition, but you are allowed to be "gifted" parts/subsystems by companies. You are also allowed to contact engineers to help design the project in areas where you don't have knowledge of it?

I have helped these types of teams quite often. The kids who come to me with questions tend to have an idea to go on, and an agreement on the parts to be used, restrictions, etc. I can assist in interfacing, but I don't add ANY new ideas or concepts to what the students have already come up with. The students need to remember that they won't be getting cutting edge technology due to the small budget and gift limits.

If this is the type of program you are in, please, start over with explaining what your project is, who you are, you and your team's abilities, a rough idea of how the project is going to work, etc. At that point, some people may help you, if you explain up front, what you are doing, and what your ideas are.

Simply coming to a forum and asking a solution to be handed to you is, as stated above, a very good way to not get any assistance. Too many people stop by here expecting us to engineer their final project in college, just so it works, even though they have no clue how to re-produce it.

Attitude is everything, and this is a bit more professional forum compared to others, but not restricted to only engineers like IEEE, etc.

Take a look through the forum for "FYP" or "Final Project" and "Urgent" to get an idea of the requests that we get. Once you see those, you may understand that people who are eager and try to work out what they can tend to get more assistance than those who simply drop by and post their "Needs" and get mad when their wishes aren't granted.