Circuit/Battery help

thekidbankz

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Using only a 9v and 1.5v battery, a breadboard and wires, hook up the 9 V battery and 1.5 V battery such that you are able to get -9 V and +1.5 V at the same time.

How would i wire my circuit in order to attain this? can anyone help

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
Each battery could be linked via a pair of wires to separate strips of sockets on the breadboard, chosen to be isolated from one another to avoid any short-circuits.
If your breadboard has dedicated long socket strips intended for power rails, they should be used for this purpose

You might join a maximum of one of the wires from each battery to a common connection, but it is not clear whether your question requires this.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Patience, grasshopper. This isn't a bank of phone operators waiting to take your call. It's a bunch of volunteers dropping by to help between parts of their real life.

Anyway, put the batteries in series. Minus of the 1.5 to plus of the 9V.

thekidbankz

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Patience, grasshopper. This isn't a bank of phone operators waiting to take your call. It's a bunch of volunteers dropping by to help between parts of their real life.

Anyway, put the batteries in series. Minus of the 1.5 to plus of the 9V.
so if i do that using wiring, do i have to worry about a ground

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Ground is what you decide it is. If you call the junction of the two batteries ground, you will have the -9 and +1.5 that you mentioned in your first post. If you call - of the 9V battery ground, you will have +9v and +10.5V.

thekidbankz

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Ground is what you decide it is. If you call the junction of the two batteries ground, you will have the -9 and +1.5 that you mentioned in your first post. If you call - of the 9V battery ground, you will have +9v and +10.5V.
thank you, i appreciate all the help