Circuit analysis with resistors and capacitors

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Sandra44, May 19, 2010.

1. Sandra44

Thread Starter New Member

May 18, 2010
    So I'm not quite sure how to handle this circuit in terms of analyzing it. All the capacitors in the circuit are charged so they are open circuits, correct?

Im attempting to find the currents on these resistors but i simply do not know how to deal with the capacitors in this circuit. Do I simply try to ignore them when doing kirchoff's loop and junction rules? Thanks for any help... heres the schematic

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  2. S_lannan

Jun 20, 2007
    If the circuit has reached a steady state you can assume the capacitors are open circuit.

3. Sandra44

Thread Starter New Member

May 18, 2010
    so since cap2 is an open circuit basically, do I still do equivalent parallel resistance for the 18 and 3 ohm resistors on the right? or do i skip the 3 ohm resistor all together when doing kirchoff rules for analysis?

4. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    This is not the homework forum.

Moderator, please delete my comment when you move the thread to it's proper place.

5. oidium45

Apr 24, 2010
    SgtWookie has a good point, but if you post your schematic I believe that I/or someone can lend you a hand at determining the current through each resistor.

6. S_lannan

Jun 20, 2007
    the poster originally had an image in their post. I wonder what happened to it :/