Church organ

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecoRick

Joined Dec 23, 2012
Does anyone has experience with interfacing church organ to audio mixer panel, one in our church has no aux output where we can hook it up to mixer, this thing has each individual speaker for low, middle , high, front and back lots speakers, its traditionally standalone unit, but this is way too much we have to have mic on each speaker. Its like pipe organ.
I have talk to manufacture and they said not to bother because it will distorted sound quality and voiding warranty.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You need someone who is knowledgeable in electronics to be able to do this for you.
And yes, any mods will void the warranty.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I have talk to manufacture and they said not to bother because it will distorted sound quality and voiding warranty.
What the manufacturer means is, "We have your money. Go away."

I was selling these adapters to the local garage bands in 1975 and had great success with a 10k resistor in series with a 10k audio pot. Just plug it into the speaker jack, plug the speaker into the socket provided, and plug the mixing board into the socket provided. The problem here is that you want to get a sample of the audio signal before the speaker crossovers. A good technician can attach to the right place and leave no evidence, like a spy stealing secrets. Do you have a good technician? Apparently not.

How about a good sound man? I can mic a church so that you can tell by listening to the recording where the preacher is standing on the stage. No sound man?

If you're going to do good sound work you have to get some kind of talent in there. Nobody can reach through the internet and connect your wires.

ecoRick

Joined Dec 23, 2012
thanks for reply guys.
I think manufacture is Allen Organ, they have ways to inputting other audio source. But no output apparently they don't trust third party mixer to reproduce their sound. We just want to mix with other sound and record it.

I haven't look at inside yet, every speaker output is come from orang itself I haven't count the speakers I think its more dozen speaker output is there.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
thanks for reply guys.
I think manufacture is Allen Organ, apparently they don't trust third party mixer to reproduce their sound.
Again, I call Bull****. They are just trying to keep you from accomplishing anything besides what they sell. High impedance inputs and "faithful" reproduction have been around since RCA put a dog on their logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.