Chrysler Crossfire Infinity Radio

wr8y

Joined Sep 16, 2008
Ok, I am at "wit's end" over the AM/FM/CD/Navigation unit in my 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster.

These cars were built in 2004 to 2008 in the Coupe and Roadster models - ALL models had an "Infinity" AM/FM/CD player. SOME had the one with GPS Navigation in it.

I have recently found that ALL of these "heads" have a telephone interface so that telephone audio will "take over" and mute the AM/FM/CD and play thru the speakers! But the problem is, the car's owner's and service manuals LEAVE OUT any pinouts of the connections at the back of the "head"!

We are left with only a schematic of the wiring from:

1) the "head" to the amplifier (a four channel amp under the dash),
2) the amp to speaker wiring
3) the wiring from the 'head' to the ignition, battery, antenna and body control module

What they leave out is the connectors that are left over!!! Does ANYONE here have an idea of what to do to get these pinouts? I tried googling "Infinity AM/FM" but got no where. Cant say who makes "Infinity" radios, or who MADE them for Chrysler/Karmin/Mercedes.

EVERYTHING about the car is documented in one of four manuals I have already downloaded - but even the Crossfire Online Forum can't help me here. THey all just say, "Toss the Infinity radio out and buy something!"

I want to keep my car ORIGINAL and I, in fact, have fun with the Nav features!

Thanks for any insight anyone can offer!

Mark