Christopher Hitchens is Dead =(

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by NathanielZhu, Dec 16, 2011.

1. NathanielZhu

Thread Starter Member

Dec 5, 2011
  2. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Think about that when you take that next drink.A man of wisdom,
    people are wondering where his self described soul is resting.
    When you state your believes in public then die early.You can
    only hope that he had a chance to make his last wishes sober.

3. Adjuster

Dec 26, 2010
    He held very controversial views, which have changed radically over the course of his lifetime. His turning away from earlier allegiances alienated him from certain people. Some of those in tune with his later pronouncements might be shocked to learn of what he seemed to believe earlier in life. Others objected to his ideas at a more basic level, as in certain cases he sought to actively attack beliefs that were important to them.

It is in general a sad thing when someone dies, but I do not think we can pretend that this man was universally well regarded.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  4. justtrying

Mar 9, 2011
    http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2012/01/hitchens-201201 - a take on illness

I found him interesting precisely because of changing views, shows a person who eeps on thinking and reacessing where they are at. And yes, what doesn't kill you does not make you stronger, but I think that mentally challanges, even health (speaking from experience) make you mentally tough and that is very important. If you give up mentally, no physical amount of strenght will bail you out.