Choosing Logic Level FET's

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hi...Happy Holidays.

See here and please tell me which one is suitable for the condition below.

Load is 10W @ 12V.
So it will be safe to decide I\(_{d}\) is 1A max worst case.
FET will be encapsulated in potting to seal it from environment.
It should operate at 16Hz at 12V, without overheating.
Option can be made that the FET be soldered on the clad.
Oh , & Load is LED's only

I like you to tell me which FET is suitable for my app.

Thank you

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hmmm.... Have to check tht.

I remember few from the last batch fried. 'Em have that type of FETs

What I like most are the low side FET's used in Mobo VRM Reg's

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Happy New Year Sgt..

I knew you will come thru...it's almost the same type I used before...Just thought ask around to make sure.

Thank you.....& have a wonderful Happy Ending....i.e 2010

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
What I like most are the low side FET's used in Mobo VRM Reg's
Those are handy, though somewhat of a pain to get off the board due to the large pads they are mounted on.

Motherboards are also a great source of inductors and even some SMPS controllers if you are handy with SMD work. There are a few "point of use" regulators, for the CPU, 12V/30A is switched to 1.5V and 90 or more amps. Newer graphics cards are also a nice source for inductors and logic FETs.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Those are handy, though somewhat of a pain to get off the board due to the large pads they are mounted on.

Motherboards are also a great source of inductors and even some SMPS controllers if you are handy with SMD work. There are a few "point of use" regulators, for the CPU, 12V/30A is switched to 1.5V and 90 or more amps. Newer graphics cards are also a nice source for inductors and logic FETs.
My First batch FET's was from salvaged Mobo's. The storing and collecting of dead Mobo's did Paid off. :D

I am indeed handy with SMD.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
This product works like a charm and has been around for ages, they will even send you a generous free sample if you just e-mail them. They also make some good solder pastes at a reasonable price for original work:
http://www.chipquikinc.com/

I think it first appeared in the late 1990s and I was amazed at how well it worked.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
This product works like a charm and has been around for ages, they will even send you a generous free sample if you just e-mail them. They also make some good solder pastes at a reasonable price for original work:
http://www.chipquikinc.com/

I think it first appeared in the late 1990s and I was amazed at how well it worked.

Looks interesting, but the WOT (Web Of Trust) plugin on Firefox gives me a warning when viewing that site. Do they send spam or have slow ordering?

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
No spam and the sample arrived in two days. Haven't even got an e-mail back from them to ask if I liked it and it's been months. Of course I knew I liked it from previous experience but I've been out of the stuff for ages (rarely need it) so I figured I'd take them up on the free sample offer. Several places sell it, often cheaper than their online price.

I'm not getting any warnings on Firefox or Opera, nor from a couple of other programs I've got installed that evaluate URLs so it's just a fluke.

Last edited: