Choose Amoled display

Shirin Hamzelou

Joined Sep 18, 2016
Hi friends,
I'm designing a product and I need a AMOLED display which most of the time, they are used for Mobile phones. but my product is not a mobile phone, so I want to know if its possible to use the Mobile phone's amoled even for other devices? or if you have sources to find the right one?
Thanks

Shirin Hamzelou

Joined Sep 18, 2016
Thanks Richardo. I've checked this website but there is no clear information about different size and characteristics of Amoled . actually I'm trying to find a manufacturer but not those for mobile-phones.
and If, it needs a high speed CPU, Does it mean that I need more battery power? ( I'm too elementry )
Do you think that it would be better to replace TFT in terms of battery consumption? because i've read about black background of Amoled that uses less battery, and most of the time my display will be black with a mono color sign, So I want to ask you which one is better in this case?
Thank you again.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
Thanks Richardo. I've checked this website but there is no clear information about different size and characteristics of Amoled . actually I'm trying to find a manufacturer but not those for mobile-phones.
and If, it needs a high speed CPU, Does it mean that I need more battery power? ( I'm too elementry )
Do you think that it would be better to replace TFT in terms of battery consumption? because i've read about black background of Amoled that uses less battery, and most of the time my display will be black with a mono color sign, So I want to ask you which one is better in this case?
Thank you again.
I did not look at the site in detail. It looked like a good place to start. Just do a search on "AMOLED display" for sites that work better for you.

Some manufacturers will sell to you even though you are not making a mobile phone. You will, of course, pay a _lot_ more than a company that buys displays by the millions.

Yes, higher speed normally requires more power. If you do not need fast display update rates high speed/high power may not be needed. Mobile phones need fast displays so they use high power. They also are more complicated and are, therefore, harder to make work.

I agree with you. A display with a black background will take less power using OLED than TFT (if the TFT has a backlight, see below).

I am confused. What do you mean by "my display will be black with a mono color sign"? Do you mean that you do not need a color display? If you only need a black and white display then "Memory LCD" displays made by Sharp are the lowest power I know of. They achieve very good contrast without wasting power in a backlight. Be warned that they are expensive.
http://www.mouser.com/new/Sharpsma/sharpmemorylcd/