chistmas light question!

sirj_4

Joined Dec 2, 2009
i have a question about my Christmas lights, they are led.
i wanted to use a strand of 35 but when i had laid them out i was 5 lights to short, in order to make it look good i want ed to add the 5 lights so i cut the string at the end one light behind the plug. and now i cant get the circuit to work. the only way it will work is if i put 2 of the wires together and leave the third by its self but when i try to do the same thing after adding the 5 lights it will not work.....i am confused please help, my kids are driving me crazy asking when the lights will be done~~~~

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
i have a question about my Christmas lights, they are led.
i wanted to use a strand of 35 but when i had laid them out i was 5 lights to short, in order to make it look good i want ed to add the 5 lights so i cut the string at the end one light behind the plug. and now i cant get the circuit to work. the only way it will work is if i put 2 of the wires together and leave the third by its self but when i try to do the same thing after adding the 5 lights it will not work.....i am confused please help, my kids are driving me crazy asking when the lights will be done~~~~
These are usually wired so that you can have PART of the string flashing and part of it always on, with alternate "types" in between each other. Each section is wired in series, so if any lamp is missing, you'll lose the whole section.

Bypassing 5 lamps in a 35 lamp string will increase the voltage on ALL the lamps and considerably reduce the life, by the way.

Hope this helps!

eric

sirj_4

Joined Dec 2, 2009
id didnt take out 5 lights i added 5 lights....i am just trying to continue the chain, to add more lights.