chinese on display

Salzstangl

Joined Oct 6, 2011
Hi guys,

I got a display with 2.5" and 300x240 resolution. I dont know any more about it, I didnt choose it xD
Now I want to display chinese characters(filenames and UI). The chip only got 512KB of flash-memory, which probably has to be upgraded, but more than 3MB wont be possible, I think. My plan was to show them in C from a common font-file. I favorized True Type Fonts but any other would do well, too. GNU-licensed fonts like OpenType cant be used, cause I dont want to make my whole code public.

Up to now I was searching for hours and only found some with 10MB+ that included useless arabic, cyrillic, japanese and-so-on characters. Additionally they have curves aiming for perfection you never see on a small display.
Since I dont speak any chinese I wasnt able to search on chinese sites.

Since I got no experience with this stuff I ask you if you know where I can get a font from that meets my requirements or if you got another solution.

If you think the is the wrong forum for stuff like this Im sry. Possibly you can help me either way :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot
Salzstangl

Salzstangl

Joined Oct 6, 2011
Hi again

I finally found a font in another place in mandarin. I cant guarantee if the font is good or not but I guess the translator-guy will tell me if something is wrong xD
Its mandarin chinese, so it probably supports all common-used characters

So if anyone else wants to know:

The link that was recommended to me:
http://www.chinese-learner.com/chinese-fonts/download-free-chinese-fonts.php

In case the page is down or it doesnt provide the files anymore I will attach a zip-file of my favorite (4th row, right hand side), 1,5MB in unpacked size
Hope some guys will find it faster with this:)

Salzstangl

Attachments