Chess?

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
Are there any chess players here who get over to chess.com a bit?

I'll give you a game if you want, so long as your ratings less than or equal to 1400; otherwise it will have to be an unrated match because you'll make my chess variable swing way too much!

My rating can be anywhere between 1000 and 1200, depending on the week I've had, so you'll be too advanced for me if you're rating is higher than 1400. You'll make my rating plummet if I lose, it'll take me ages to get back to where I was!

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
What happened if you don't mind me asking??
I suck at Chess but I try my best but sometimes I get the upper hand win but that happens once and a blue moon..
I had a stroke so fast, I couldn't have had time to even call 911.
Lost most use of my hands for several months, among other trivial surprises.
Sure was a wake up call.;)
Had to close my shop a few years ago, and she really changed my "Bucket List".
But, I'm pretty damned sure of my limitations now.

I think that's why I'm having such a hard time learning this digital electronic world.
I used to know some analog, but this digital thang, is a whole new world for me.
Been studying this for a little over a year now, and I'm still waiting for that "Click" moment.
The 555, is rather mind-bending for me.:(
How can so much be going on, in that little Beast?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I played chess from somewhere around 14 to 24 and never lost a game. Then, (2) 9 year old twin boys that had been learning from an old Chinese man walked in and kicked my butt, all in a row. I never recovered from the embarrassment.

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
You sound pretty good.

I used to be fairly good.......up until my stroke 15 years ago.:cool:

What kind of scoring system is that?
I wouldn't say I was the best, but I won't go down without a fight. I've become experienced by losing games not winning them.

Oh dear. What is a stroke if you don't mind me asking?