Chernobyl disaster

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
I've been watching this documentary about chernobyl's nuclear disaster on Youtube. I've watched it several times now and it's starting to brainwash me.

Here are the following questions that are confusing me:

Why did they lie hoping everything would blow over?

Why was so much information kept classified about their nuclear reactors?

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
He meant blow over into the atmosphere all across the globe.
I know, what I meant is that significant portion of that everything did settle near the source and is being continuously released into water source as plant and other living things "recirculate" ;)

I believe there was an idea of burning the forest and harvesting radiation released from it somehow, but thankfully they decided that damage would be too great.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
So what happened to our U.S. atmopshere,that we were not told about.

I wonder a bout the air handers,in special buildings,some people spend

most of there lifes.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I've been watching this documentary about chernobyl's nuclear disaster on Youtube. I've watched it several times now and it's starting to brainwash me.

Here are the following questions that are confusing me:

Why did they lie hoping everything would blow over?

Why was so much information kept classified about their nuclear reactors?
Because this happened in the middle of the cold war and would be seen as a failure in the EAST. They didn't want this publicized. Everything nuclear is classified, if they released info on it that could fall into the wrong hands like it has so many times before which could speed up terrorist friendly countries in making a weapon.

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
Because this happened in the middle of the cold war and would be seen as a failure in the EAST. They didn't want this publicized. Everything nuclear is classified, if they released info on it that could fall into the wrong hands like it has so many times before which could speed up terrorist friendly countries in making a weapon.
O right, yeah I see now: that makes sense.