checking the OS!

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
If your installation is suffering, what ineviably will occur over time, the only known good way to get rid of problems is a complete fresh install, best with a new + faster HDD.

All the repair softwares for registry + the SFC do little more than nothing.

I got one Windows 2008 Installation running for more than 3 years, but then problems became worse and worse.

One day I did not bother to take my newer, faster SATA drive, change the partitioning so it can be used for OS, and to do a complete reinstall including to download all the updates. It was well worth it!

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
I did some google researches and realized that lots of people have the same problem...but there's something that may have caused this issue! Coz I remember I used to play the same movies like 1-2 years ago on this same machine and everything was cool!

Well...

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I recently had the same problem with a laptop. Sounded like the OS was doing disk swaps continuously slowing the machine down to a crawl.

Tried everything I could think of to fix the problem. In the end I gave up and reformatted the disk and reloaded the OS. Problem went away.

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
I recently had the same problem with a laptop. Sounded like the OS was doing disk swaps continuously slowing the machine down to a crawl.

Tried everything I could think of to fix the problem. In the end I gave up and reformatted the disk and reloaded the OS. Problem went away.
Yes! I think ima do that too coz I'm tired trying this and that...

Thanks

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
There was a recent thread about a PC scan software to check for a threat that will occur on a certain date. I can't find that thread.

Anyone remember seeing that thread and knows the link to the check?

when i reformat my laptop they i didn't care about what they install in my laptop. Later on my laptop is now appearing that it is not genuine... can you explain to me what will be the consequences i will not mind it?