checking MOSFET performance

EmmKay

Joined Apr 19, 2007
So if the 4.7K was replaced with something smaller much smaller there is a possibility that it might work.!

I have to look for some software where I can simulate the circuits and look at the ramifications of my design before I put things together.

On the previous diagram the signal from the ls09 was inverted so upon the advice of a friend I pulled the signal down to ground. Didn't notice anything drastic in the circuit as it worked..!!!!!!!!!

74LS09 might be obsolete but that is what is available here in abundance. 74HC08 was also a consideration but not having an open collector output (also costing twice as much as the 74LS09) didn't give it much thought. The design required the use of a quad 2 input AND gate and with basic electronics knowledge that was the option for me not looking at CMOS devices (plus no one told otherwise :confused: ) I will certainly be looking for that now
. The more technical you get the more I have to read up (nothing wrong with that in fact!) just to familiarise my self with the terminology that You use.