Checking in...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by thingmaker3, Feb 7, 2010.

1. thingmaker3

Thread Starter Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    I wish to apologize for any concern my absence may have caused.

My excuse begins with a large hound in heat and the realtor's liscense of a co-worker, and ends on a hilltop in Yamhill County with six persons gathered around the rotting bones of a coyote. Only two of the six are women. Highlights include an elk head on a stick and ten thousand in back taxes.

(No... wait a minute... that was my excuse for not wearing a shirt with the company logo on it last Monday...)

My excuse begins with a handmade bow and handmade knife and South Pacific Islands minimalist art, and ends with living in a van down by the river. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Foley Highlights include the end of a house falling off and battles to the death with a male turkey.

After my wife and I returned from the "Echoes in Time" primitive skills workshop (with a bow and a knife and knowledge of South Pacific art) we found our computer in dire need of replacing.

Then we got an offer on our house. Then we spent a month packing, fixing the last inspection items (including shoring up some of the posts under the crawlspace), moving, and looking for temporary shelter.
    Then we spent a couple months sponging off a musician. His wife has a habbit of taking in rescue animals - ducks, pigs, emus, llammas, whatever. Their turkey tried to kill me twice. (Nothing personal, he tries to kill everyone.)

When the snows threatened, we had to move agian. Our friends' driveway is very steep and we would have been stranded down in their hollow. So now our little 21 foot (7 meter) long RV is in a park by the Nehelam River.
    I have to use the laptop while crouched over it. This is hard on my back, so sessions are short.

Weekends are usually spent searching for property on which to build our dream home. We are looking at two possible parcels now. Due Dilligance procedure often turns up interesting red flags, though. Still, one of the two parcels looks very promising.

So... I'm still around, still healthy. I'm just very inactive on the forum right now.

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello thingmaker3,

Welcome back on the forum.
    Good to see that you found a time to login.

Greetings,
    Bertus

3. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Glad to hear you're still with us. If this was a vacation-caused event, I want to be there when you get a pay raise.

4. Nanophotonics

Apr 2, 2009
    Hello thingmaker3,

Glad to see you here again. Bill did reassure us this week that you were doing fine. :)