Check out this load of junk I just got!!

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I got a nice gig working for $7 an hour + all the junk I could ever want.
I intend to get a neon sign transformer soon. :D

Does anyone know of any cool things that can be done with any of this before I go ripping it all apart?
One think you might be able to see is a couple of things that are basically transparent LCD's designed to be put on overhead projectors and make them into computer monitors, I intend to make a nice projector with a combination of those and that mocrofilm reader, watch movies on the ceiling :D:cool:

Attachments

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Turn the CRTs into oscilloscopes.

Or, experiment with the flybacks.

Or, perhaps even use them as computer monitors....

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Turn the CRTs into oscilloscopes.

Or, experiment with the flybacks.

Or, perhaps even use them as computer monitors....
That oscilloscope idea is a great one there... Ima do dat :D

I intend to use at least one of them as a parts source, and CRT monitors are SOOOOO last millennium ;)
I have a LCD monitor that I got today that I intend to get working and replace my current CRT monitor with :D

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Plenty of goodies in there. Ive wrecked several microfilm readers, the magnifying assy is great for looking a solder joints on PCBs for dry joints.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I always keep the door open for the junk man. One of the most important things is to have an out for the junk you dont want.

;)

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
That NEC monitor is a great boat anchor. You do any fish'n?

John
Wouldn't a CRT float because of the vacuum?
or is the glass heavy enough that it sinks anyway?

In any case, I think that the old TI monitor looks like the prefect candidate for an oscilloscope.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
the microfilm reader would be work great as a scope if you can get it to work...
Better than a CRT?
(don't think it matters, you should see the inside of the reader... it's been outside without a screen on it since last fall... Parts buried inside are my only hope for it.)