Check my re-wiring of an Old Simpson Model 443 Meter

Gdrumm

Joined Aug 29, 2008
I bought a good looking old meter, and when it arrived today, I found a nut wedged between the face and the glass. I had to disassemble quite a bit, and then re-assembly became a chore. I re-engineered with longer screws (to replace the one from which the nut had fallen off of), so that I now have the slightly long screws mounted with the screw head at the end where the nut had fallen off.

All of that's good, but now I'm left with two wires which appear to connect to the two new posts I created. I just don't remember if that's exactly where they went.

I got so excited re-engineering, I forgot to take a photo first.

Please see the after photo, and if possible help me confirm that they go to these two posts.

Edit: I remember now, and that's where they go.

I've got to find some thin prong leads, and I'll be ready to test it.

Uses one single 1.5 volt battery "D" cell.

It had a very old looking orange Ray-O-Vac which I will replace with an Energizer or something.

Thanks for reading.

Gary

Attachments

Last edited:

Gdrumm

Joined Aug 29, 2008
Is "Problem solved" inadequate?
That's what I used in edit.

Perhaps we crossed posts?

Thanks anyway.

Gary

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I was hoping for something in BOLD before I read the whole post.
Don't mean to be a whiny wuss, just trying to save other people some time.

Gdrumm

Joined Aug 29, 2008
So, in light of my failing memory, I went back and found the original posting on Ebay, and the seller had posted a picture, with the same two wires DISCONNECTED.
So, I've attached the photo they supplied.

Having said that, please look at the photo and let me know if you belive those two wires attach to the back of the gauge (they are the perfect length to do so).

Otherwise, if you think I'm missing something, please let me know.

Thanks,
Gary

Attachments