Cheap gas again.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
We had a hangout in San Diego where most of the bike guys lived off base and when we couldn't find bikes overseas we were still hell on two wheels.
The second picture was great:p. I started out on a 175cc Yamaha at 13; that and horses.

Here is one of me, my wife and oldest daughter. I didn't want to post this one; I'm 200 lbs here and only 5'9" bad boss at work and well ya know to much stress.

I'm down to 180 lbs now; no six pack but working on it lol . This was last year at Snowbird in Utah.

Edit: Time to hit the Gym. But; I'll save that for New Years. hehe.

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
looks like the normal hairstyle for that time period.

Some commands didn't allow uniforms outside of the command. When you mixed with the public, even if only commuting, you were to be in civies.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
looks like the normal hairstyle for that time period.

Some commands didn't allow uniforms outside of the command. When you mixed with the public, even if only commuting, you were to be in civies.
You are right, at the end of the Vietnam war some of the public was not on the best terms with the military so wearing a uniform and looking military was something we were ordered not to do in some places. San Diego wasn't too bad but San Fransisco was very hostile in the 70s. A lot of us dressed as bikers in CA because the hippies knew better than to mess with those guys and once the outlaws knew we were military they never hassled us as most were ex-military then.

We got pulled over a few times by the cops for some bogus reason but as soon as they saw the military ID all was good.
https://www.mma-ca.org/HistoryOfTheMMA.aspx

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
$1.91 today. Nice while it lasts.
It's good for us and good for the little stations selling gas.
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/low-gas-prices-station-owner-27560222
Before they sell gas to you, station owners buy gas on the wholesale market. When the wholesale price of gasoline falls quickly the difference between the cost of wholesale gasoline (including taxes) and the price at the pump gets wider, boosting profits for stations. The steeper the drop, the better.

"It's completely antithetical to what people believe," says Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst at the Oil Price Information Service.

That difference has stretched to 21.7 cents per gallon this year, the highest ever, according to an OPIS analysis of 16,000 U.S. stations. That compares to an average of 17.1 cents over the last five years. On a percentage basis, station profitability is at its highest since 2005. And profits on diesel sales are even higher. "They are off the charts," Kloza says.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
It's good for us and good for the little stations selling gas.
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/low-gas-prices-station-owner-27560222
If it's going to be as pleasant over the holidays with low gas prices. Most people may be driving more and spending more on fuel more gallons per tank. The difference in consumption as far the economic changes or stresses shouldn't matter the cost is down and every body wins in the U.S.

Profit is up; but on the other hand over seas is another matter. I guess Russia's economy is in the Tank and Kim jung - un in Korea is looking for a fight and has the president backing into a corner last night in the news.

Once you add the oil rich areas of the middle east and their inability to pump and sell oil at any price; their money will fail tanking their economic growth. In turn it's not their fault of course; no it's the USA who started this problem or at least that's how it will be told to the general population. Things may get a little warm in the near future; tempers and peoples in those regions believing it's all the U.S. and not their governments or oil barons who created much of the over production.

I think there could be a little reasoning to think that small oil refineries have risen in the U.S. and also could create the increase in gas production. I just don't know the numbers to speak on it. I think a couple have opened up in Utah and most are being upgraded to computer software and control. Possibly increasing production?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Ultimately, we will have to find another way to fuel vehicles. I suspect it is coming, solar and wind plants next to the ocean have both energy and raw materials to synthesize fuel. When/if that happens prices will stabilize, a lot. I suspect there will be a lot of unhappy countries, but oil will always be a raw material for plastics.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Once you add the oil rich areas of the middle east and their inability to pump and sell oil at any price; their money will fail tanking their economic growth. In turn it's not their fault of course; no it's the USA who started this problem or at least that's how it will be told to the general population.
Last night on TV, interviewing Russian citizens in the street, they seem to have no idea that anything is connected to invading other countries. They just think that U.S.A. is being mean to them for no reason at all. o_O :D

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Nsa....i remember the waning days ... We wore civies and my billet had the 36 inch riot baton if we had to confront any rioters.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Last night on TV, interviewing Russian citizens in the street, they seem to have no idea that anything is connected to invading other countries. They just think that U.S.A. is being mean to them for no reason at all. o_O :D
I'm sorry the US didn't get Ukraine as easily as planned. Now they will never have good relations with Russians as they see US exactly for what it is... there is plenty of reading on the subject but you have to go back to the 80s when the US first took the wrong direction with the people. And yes, I remember :p

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
#12 and justtrying. Sorry, you have both crossed the line into the political arena. No more on this subject otherwise this thread will be closed.
Seems there could be more to the conflict of opinion.

Thank you for closing a debate to nowhere. It will never change the world stage as it stands today.

Closed subject.

I didn't really mean to open it for such things. I just seemed to find the hole subject.......Surreal.

kv

Edit: I think #12 found it the same way? I'm sorry it was a sore spot for others. Politics go figure?

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Seems there could be more to the conflict of opinion.

Thank you for closing a debate to nowhere. It will never change the world stage as it stands today.

Closed subject.

I didn't really mean to open it for such things. I just seemed to find the hole subject.......Surreal.

kv

Edit: I think #12 found it the same way? I'm sorry it was a sore spot for others. Politics go figure?
Nothing sore from me. I like the debate/discussion. It gives me a chance to hear other views and, most importantly, why a person has other views (family tradition, personal experience, various definitions of freedom, various utopian views, better position next generation, fear, fairness, ...).

It's all interesting and, whether we agree or not really has nothing to do with it. If we all agree not to talk about it, we'll never really get a chance to know/understand each other.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
This is not opinion. This is about taking sides on global politics. This not up for discussion on AAC. I am sure there are other forums if you want to discuss politics.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
You are right, at the end of the Vietnam war some of the public was not on the best terms with the military so wearing a uniform and looking military was something we were ordered not to do in some places. San Diego wasn't too bad but San Fransisco was very hostile in the 70s. A lot of us dressed as bikers in CA because the hippies knew better than to mess with those guys and once the outlaws knew we were military they never hassled us as most were ex-military then.

We got pulled over a few times by the cops for some bogus reason but as soon as they saw the military ID all was good.
https://www.mma-ca.org/HistoryOfTheMMA.aspx

I was still a punk kid back then; I graduated high school in 75 and my numbers were coming up the year before; I still remember the spinning basket on TV.

Almost all the bikers back then were ex-military where I grew up. Maybe the idea of biking belonging to a club provides a kind of isolation and a place to vent and heal from memories one would rather forget.

When your on the road; no worries or cares just going from place to place sets you free and apart from everything else. It's also healing somehow; seeing an open road.

Unfortunately you find that most criminals that have been locked up also drifted into biking and needing a similar freedom; which I think is reason we have clubs like hells angles.

We have a club called BACA where I live their are many member who are police officers. Bikers - Against - Child - Abuse; but just like any club or organization they can get corrupt and people will flock to such places even though they are the abusers.

I don't know why; but it happens. I've alway ridden alone; I have no need to be associated with such organizations. I don't need a symbol or patch or other such non-sense.

No offense to those who do. Nowadays, all I need is my family and friends; and the wind in my face. Take away the wind in my face and I'll always have family and friends and a few Six Strings.

Merry Christmas AAC

kv:)

Edit: I currently have 5 guitars. Three acoustics and 2 electrics. They provide a sense of freedom especially when I have cabin fever and can't ride.

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I don't know much about politics, but I can say that Jay Leno used to do a bit called, "Jay Walking". He would go on the streets of L.A. and let people demonstrate how much they didn't know. It was just yesterday (Saturday morning at 1 a.m.) when he said he called a young girl, "Lois Lane" and she did not know that was the name of Supermans' girlfriend. I was only agreeing with killivolt. People in the countries he named seem unaware or uninformed to the point that they don't know who to blame. According to Jay Leno, that is true where I live, too.

Personally, I don't know who to blame for the low gasoline prices. I have a theory about presidential election years, but that doesn't seem to fit right now. So, call me blonde, but don't call me political. I only "know" what I am fed through the television, and my selective hearing (from years of being married) filters out most of it.

ps, I have 3 guitars. An acoustic 12 that my sister gave me, strung as a 6 (cheap, buzzy, and not afraid to get banged on the back of a chair), an expensive,mint condition, famous brand 12 that I never play, and a Les Paul that is so easy that it doesn't seem like work. Wish I'd had that one when I was learning!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
While we're on the guitar thingy...
I have a classical, folk, 12-string, one strat clone, one Fender Telecaster, and a Fender Jazz bass...

and I do like to feel the wind on my face...
with one unicycle, two bicycles, three ebikes, one electric tricycle...
... price of gas don't bother me.:)