Cheap 1.8 SPI TFT screen

Jkaup

Joined Oct 2, 2015
Ok. Call me dumb.
I am trying to interface a 1.8 SPI TFT screen with a PicF877A. Firstly is it possible? Secondly can someone please explain the pin connections. I've checked Google and found a few ideas but they all talk about the economy pin. Thin screen does not have a dc pin .
-led
+led
SD_SC
MOSI
MSO
SCK
CS
SCI
SDA
A0
RESET
NC
NC
NC
VCC
GND
That all folks there ain't no more pins. Anyone can help that would be fantastic!

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
There are a few obvious points that can be seen like the power (VCC and GND) of the backlight (+led -led). Looks like you may have a choice in either SPI or I2C interfaces too, or there is also an SD card holder on there. Some pin functions just from pin names would be a wild a** guess anyway.

Obviously with no other data you are shooting in the dark. Even if you guess all the pin functions correctly you still have no idea what data to send.

As far as using that PIC it depends again on how much data you will be sending. It has the hardware on board to run the display. I once ran a larger display off an '18F4550 though it was just black and white with one font. That pic has four times the code space.

Font? Yes, you draw letters bit by bit (or byte by byte), literally.

For my projects I start with the largest memory PIC I can get in the series, or just same package, and scale it down when complete.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Ok. Call me dumb.
I am trying to interface a 1.8 SPI TFT screen with a PicF877A. Firstly is it possible? Secondly can someone please explain the pin connections. I've checked Google and found a few ideas but they all talk about the economy pin. Thin screen does not have a dc pin .
-led
+led
SD_SC
MOSI
MSO
SCK
CS
SCI
SDA
A0
RESET
NC
NC
NC
VCC
GND
That all folks there ain't no more pins. Anyone can help that would be fantastic!

What is the source of this display? What is the driver chip that drives the LCD? Then look up the datasheet for that chip. Post the source - where did you buy this chip?

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
pretty standard, these 1.8 displays

A 16F PIC is a misfit not that you couldnt display a text, but the font data will eat maybe half the flash, then you need initialization as well.

I have all the files on my hard drive used the source code and adapted to PIC C with MPLABX (original chinese for 8051)

But yes consult the seller for a datasheet even if i guess its the standard 1.8 kind they tend to sell just a few different kinds mainly. And yes usually sample code is supplied but you may have to ask for a link