charging laptop from ac mains without battery

chandrasekhar

Joined Nov 5, 2010
:confused: hi,,, any1 plz help to solve out
my question is, can i use my laptop(ibm r60 thinkpad ) directly from ac mains(240v ) , if your answer is no, what are the disadvantage of using directly from mains ??????????? :mad:
awaiting for ur reply ,,:cool:

Last edited:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
theplugonurlaptopproblydoesn'tfitthewalsocket....\(\frac{stand}{you}\)????????

Please write your question in a way that someone who reads English can understand.

John

Last edited:

chandrasekhar

Joined Nov 5, 2010
thanks for ur reply . By the way every thing cannot b straight forward , u must analyse each word for perfection . lastly thanks for ur reply.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
:confused: hi,,, any1 plz help to solve out
my question is, can i use my laptop(ibm r60 thinkpad ) directly from ac mains(240v ) , if your answer is no, what are the disadvantage of using directly from mains ??????????? :mad:
awaiting for ur reply ,,:cool:
This is not Twitter or SMS. So you can avoid that kind of abbreviations and language used in that sort of media. And by doing so you will be taken seriously.
I once had 260 MHz Compaq laptop and that had an internal power supply. I think it is several reasons for moving the power supply on the outside. For the first I think the size of modern laptop require that the power supply is moved outside. It take to much space. But it will also generate heat. And heat is a problem in modern laptops. Another issue may be by moving the power outside. It will be more easy to make the device (the laptop) compliant with safety regulations. As it will be a low voltage equipment. Not some mains equipment.
The components inside a laptop is made for low voltage. So one way or another. The laptop must have some device transforming the mains voltage to a lower voltage

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I wonder why things cannot be straight forward...I guess for some Indians things need to be a lot larger than life.

To OP. Yes..You can use think pad without a battery with the CHARGER that is supplied with the lap top.

Note that the CHARGER works form mains too.