Charging a battery with an Electromagnetic Induction

alphacat

Joined Jun 6, 2009
Hello.

I have a current transformer which senses the current that flows through the Live wire at home.
The transformer's output is connected to an IC which converts the analog signal into a matching number, and the IC serially sends the data to an Uc which wirelessly transmits the data.

The whole unit consumes 5V at 100mA (I have an option to remove addiotional components which the unit comprises and by that having the unit to consume 3.3V at 50mA).

I want to drive this unit with a chargable battery, and to be able to charge that battery with an electromagnetic force.

How can I charge the battery in that way?

Thank you.

--
It would be great if someone could refer me to inductive battery charging schematics.

Last edited:

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
An easy way is to go buy one of those cheap electric toothbrushes. You can use the battery and charger from that. While dissecting the toothbrush, you will see how the process works. It is basically one winding (secondary) in the tooth brush and the primary in the stand.

You can also spin a magnet on a stand with a little motor and inside your device you place a little ferrous bar on another motor that will spin backwards from the force of the other magnet, creating power.

avgeris89

Joined Feb 20, 2010
hey
i have an idea about this.
how to charge the battery with electromagnetic force.
you can use the circuit from the toothbrush but you can make another one.
just email me if you want. <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:

alphacat

Joined Jun 6, 2009
Thank you friend.
Could you please post shchematics of such circuit?

I have many unsolved issues about it which schematics would solve, like
- Is the primary coil directly connected to the mains?
- Is it possible to charge the battery while the unit works? Or should I add a power on/off switch?
- Is the battey connected directly to the secondary coil from one side, and directly to the unit on the other side?

Thanks a lot.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I appreciate you wanting to help the OP, but what about everyone else that may have the same question?

If you would answer it in the forum, everyone benefits. That is one of the reasons we don't allow email address posted. Privately, others cannot further help.

AllVol

Joined Nov 22, 2005
I appreciate you wanting to help the OP, but what about everyone else that may have the same question?

If you would answer it in the forum, everyone benefits. That is one of the reasons we don't allow email address posted. Privately, others cannot further help.

Right on! I would like to see some thinking on this project, too. Share, if you can, avergris.