Charge Garmin USB from USB external battery pack help.

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by dog812, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog812

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Hey , first off i know nothing about any of this stuff.. haha.
    I would be willing to pay someone to make me a adapter that would work.
    First off the garmin Rino Gps/FRS do not charge from usb.. they use their own adapter and barrel plug.
    I can not find a good solution to charge my Garmin Rino GPS batteries from a external battery pack. Most use USB to charge devices, others use 12V female cigarette lighters that would work, but are really expensive.
    Me n some buddies go off grid hunting for weeks at a time and need a small simple way to keep our gps charged.
    So heres the basics. the garmin batteries are 7.4 volt 2400 mAh Lithium-Ion battery,
    they are charged from a unique adapter on the back that has a female barrel plug . Please see the pictures.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Anyone intersted?
    Thanks for your time.

Scott Wang : Please don't show any info about Email.

2. dog812

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    basically i have 2 chargers a car charger and wall charger..
    Both have a output of DC 9.5v 1.4a...
    Is it possible to get a output from a large external battery such as the Anker Astro E7 26,500mah external battery through usb, go through a adapter
    DC to Dc Step up to 9.5v 1.4a?
    then ill just use the large anker battery at night to recharge my gps batteries over the length of my trip.. and 25,600 mah battery should recharge my 2400mah battery etleast 8 times.. which will be plenty enough.

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    If it is 9.5VDC it is easy enough to do. Start a thread in the electronics and email me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.