Chapter 9 numerical error

theamber

Joined Jun 13, 2008
Hi;
I think I found another error on the Volume II AC Transformers chapter.
Scott-T transformer setion on the second image the line that says:
Derive the three phase voltages V12: V32: V13:
and should say,
Derive the three phase voltages V12: V23: V31:

Also I think on the same chapter but on the next section LVDT section, 3rd. and 4th. paragraphs should have stated V3 for the bottom winding instead of the center tapped V2.
Miguel Rodriguez Yepes.

Last edited:

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Thank for taking the time to give us feedback Miguel.

I'm struggling to find which part of the e-book to which you are referring. Could you provide us a link to section so that we can check out your suggested corrections?

Thanks.

Dave

theamber

Joined Jun 13, 2008
Thank for taking the time to give us feedback Miguel.

I'm struggling to find which part of the e-book to which you are referring. Could you provide us a link to section so that we can check out your suggested corrections?

Thanks.

Dave
http://www.ibiblio.org/kuphaldt/electricCircuits/AC/AC_9.html#xtocid1090813
Second image on the right of the image of the scott type transformer references voltage label are wrong comparing them to the rest of the labels on the same calculations. 2 lines under Given two 90o phased voltages:
Derive the three phase voltages V12: V32: V13: Those labels are wrong compared to the line above and the image labels should say V12 V23 and V31, the label numbers are twisted over.
And
http://www.ibiblio.org/kuphaldt/electricCircuits/AC/AC_9.html#xtocid1090814
This is verbatim:

"""With a centered slug, the series-opposing wired secondaries cancel yielding V13 = 0. Moving the slug up increases V13. Note that it is in-phase with with V1, the top winding, and 180o out of phase with V2, bottom winding.
Moving the slug down from the center position increases V13. However, it is 180o out of phase with with V1, the top winding, and in-phase with V2, bottom winding. Moving the slug from top to bottom shows a minimum at the center point, with a 180o phase reversal in passing the center.
  • REVIEW:"""
Instead of V2 should say V3 as the bottom winding.

Last edited:

theamber

Joined Jun 13, 2008
Thanks to you for the great work. I am refreshing and learning a lot with these volumes. With time I will review all the volumes and let you know if I find something wrong.
Try these links and let me know.

Last edited:

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Let me work through the sections of the e-book later I will offer my input when I have had chance to read the whole section. Thanks.

Dave

theamber

Joined Jun 13, 2008
Hi;
the volatage labels on the right of the image are still showing incorrect.
Where it says:
should say V12: V23: V31
Miguel Rodriguez Yepes.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi;
the volatage labels on the right of the image are still showing incorrect.
Where it says:
should say V12: V23: V31
Miguel Rodriguez Yepes.
Hi Miguel,

The update on the AAC side is automated via our own scripts from the ibiblio master version. It will update shortly.

Dave