Chapter 2 Solid State Theory

gareththegeek

Joined Sep 9, 2009
Page 5: "Conduction of N-type electrons in the conduction band." should read "Conduction of N-type electrons occurs in the conduction band."

Page 5: "Moving a hole left to right, the electron must be moved right to left" should read "When moving a hole left to right, the electron must be moved right to left"

Page 5: "(b) P-semiconductor with holes moving left to right, which corresponds to electrons moving in the opposite direction."should read"(b) P-type semiconductor with holes moving left to right, which corresponds to electrons moving in the opposite direction."

Page 6: "In effect, we have nearly an insulator separating the conductive P an N doped regions" should read "In effect, we have nearly an insulator separating the conductive P and N doped regions"

Page 6: "The positive battery terminal attracts N-type electrons majority carriers away from the junction" should read "The positive battery terminal attracts N-type majority carriers, electrons, away from the junction"

Page 6: "The negative terminal attracts P-type majority carriers, holes away from the junction" should read "The negative terminal attracts P-type majority carriers, holes, away from the junction"

Page 7: "This and the Cu2O rectifiers were polycrystalline devices" should read "These and the Cu2O rectifiers were polycrystalline devices"

Page 7: "detecting giga-hertz radio frequency echo signals in the radar receiver.." superfluous second full-stop.

Page 7: "though sensitive to a wide bandwidth,," superfluous second comma.

Page 7: "Glass encapsulate small signal junction diodes are capable" I think this sould be 'encapsulated'.

Page 8: "

gareththegeek

Joined Sep 9, 2009
Page 8: "See diode junction, Figure previous." Previous is a dead link.

Page 9: "This is due to diffusion of holes from the P=type gate region into the N-type channel" Equals symbol should be hyphen.

Page 9: "In summation,the channel resistance can be controlled by the degree of reverse biasing on the gate." Missing space after comma.

Page 9: "The“pointing” arrow and “non-pointing” bar" missing space after 'The'.

Page 9: "The gate is a heavy N-type region" should read "The gate is a heavily doped N-type region"

Page 9: "Junction field effect transistor (static induction type): (a) Cross-section, (b) schematic symbol." Diagram is missing its (a) and (b) labels.

Page 9: "And, is said to be capable of an incredible frequency of 10 gHz.[YYT]" YYT is a dead link.

Page 10: "The MOSFET transistor count within an integrated circuit may approach the hundreds of a million." should read "The MOSFET transistor count within an integrated circuit may approach hundreds of millions."

Page 10: "and attracted by the positive (+) top plate.." Superfluous second full-stop.

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
I have entered all the corrections except the dead links. I will post back here when I update ibiblio.org/. Thanks, garththegeek for pointing out all of these corrections

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
I have updated the ibiblio copy for numerous corrections (not just for this thread) over the last few days. The list of affected files and images follows:
DC V1:dcmeter.sml contrib.sml 00502.png
AC V2:basicac.sml contrib.sml
Semi V3: bjt.sml diode.sml contrib.sml theory.sml 03288.png 03304.png 03392.png
Digital V4: boolean.sml contrib.sml

Last edited: