Chapter 11-2

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Professor Thom, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Professor Thom

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 6, 2008
    I'm not really sure what type of corrections are of interest, but this was just a minor grammatical error that I found while reading today. This is taken from the paragraph directly above the diagrams for real battery and ideal battery.

"Although we generally consider a cell or battery in a circuit to be a perfect source of voltage (absolutely constant), the current through it dictated solely by the external resistance of the circuit to which it is attached, this is not entirely true in real life. Since every cell or battery contains some internal resistance, that resistance must affect the current in any given circuit:"

I believe the word "is" was left out. The current through it is dictated solely by the external resistance...

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    It helps to include Volume, chapter, and section. You can use a link like this, then copy the problem section.

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/chpt_11/2.html

3. victorhugo289

Aug 24, 2010
    Um, I don't think so, it is perfectly written.

4. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    "the current is dictated" is correct English, "the current dictated" is not. The editor will be the one who decides however.

5. debjit625

Apr 17, 2010
    I agree on that...