Changing forum software from vBulletin to Xenforo

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I did not try the tags. Not quite sure how you did it. I cannot upload any file nor paste. This time I tried
with no joy.

Edit:
upload_2014-8-29_9-51-15.png
Now, it appears to work with snip and paste in the "more options" dialog. Thanks.

John

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Maybe we can condense/review the number (and location) of Stickies - e.g. Does the posting bug still exist under general (since we have new software). Also, there are so many stickies under General, we might want to make a new sub-forum with stickies only. Since they are mostly for noobs, why must they be scrolled through by everyone every time?

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
When navigating to a thread I'm following my settings used to be

1) Email notification of replies weekly. I stress the weekly because I cannot see any way to underline, bolden or whatever. But When I looked at 'preferences' all I saw was a bland 'email notifications', so they are now coming instantly , which I don't want.
So I have now had to turn off notification.

2) Order of posts has been reversed to first at the top.
Again this is undesirable as I do not want to scroll down, to find the latest posts every time I check a thread.
Again I cannot find anywhere to set this right.

Edit

Gopher T

The edit button is on the bottom left of my thread window and works properly

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Also missing is an equivalent of the useful little green dot that tells one when another user is online or not.

Last edited:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Edit function seems to go away after a set time. Maybe that time limit should be considerably lengthened or removed for more known members?

John

The edit button has now reappeared on the earlier posts of mine from which it was previously absent.

Last edited:

elec_mech

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Please report any bugs or issues with the new forum here!
First of all, I do dig the new format. I like that I can preview more of a post than before. Some new posters ramble a bit before explaining what it is they're looking for, so it's nice to see more to help decide to read more of a post.

As far as issues, I've noticed some links and pictures are not showing, specifically BillM's blog. I can see this, but not this.

I attempted to attach a PDF to a PM, but an error came up (sorry, can't remember what it said specifically).

I miss the ability to look for posts I replied to vs what I started vs PM's. It all seemed grouped as one under 'conversations'. Not a problem or a real complaint, will just take some time getting used to.

I do like not having an embedded link show the HTML code tags and whole link when using Google Chrome now.

And of course, awesome site! Thank you jrap for keeping everything smooth and current. We can't thank you enough!

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
I tried inserting an image in the joke section, which didn't work as expected. I tried editing just after I posted, but there was no edit button. I refreshed, no edit button. I came back five minutes later, no edit button.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hi Lestraveled - How long ago was this? The image uploading should work fine now

-Established members should also see the edit button again?

-Blog post attachments have been fixed, still working on the linked attachment images which are not showing up

-Online indicator is here now

-Latex tag working properly now

Going through things slowly - Sorry about these issues, and thanks to everyone for pointing these issues out! Keep 'em coming

@elec_mech >I do like not having an embedded link show the HTML code tags and whole link when using Google Chrome now.
Could you show me an example of this?

Attachments

Last edited:

elec_mech

Joined Nov 12, 2008
@@elec_mech >I do like not having an embedded link show the HTML code tags and whole link when using Google Chrome now.
Could you show me an example of this?
I was referring to the VB version, not this one. I meant to say that I like the new version - the VB version showed the whole link and HTML code tags in the post editor in Google Chrome (though not in IE). This new version doesn't do that which is awesome!

I, too, don't see an edit button for posts I've made. Screenshot attached.

Attachments

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
Hi Lestraveled - How long ago was this? The image uploading should work fine now

-Established members should also see the edit button again?
I posted in the joke section about 10 minutes prior to my above post about "no edit button". I still do not see an edit button.

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I Hate XenForo...

I hated it when electroT went to it, I hated it when the Ham Radio and Aviation Forums I participate in went to it...

This morning I cannot post a .jpg to a Homework thread... No symbols, like Ohms (no I dont want to use Latex!) I find the user interface on this inferior...

Ps: I got the image posted. I had to reduce its size below ~400Kbytes. No explanation why I couldn't upload it, just ERROR OCCURRED!

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Oooh! I've been promoted to, "fanatic". :D
But I'm Danish...shouldn't that be, "berserker"?

Seriously, I'm getting along just fine today. Three or four posts with no problems, but I haven't tried to attach a drawing yet.