Changing a PS fom Variable to Fix and Variable.

Arrbuc

Joined Oct 10, 2014
I got a kit where you build a 12vdc Variable PS but after building it is reading 19.8vdc. The kit did not a have the schematic and I need to change it to a Dual PS. one fixed and one variable. I am running a small variable motor and a fixed 6-12vdc for a counter. the project is a Guitar Pick-up winder.

The PS is reading 19.8vdc so I want to slit the voltage by adding a second circuit.

I tried setting up second voltage just before the variable pot but when I turn up the pot the voltage on the second lead goes down.

Last edited:

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
First, there is something wrong with the original circuit. I suggest that you fix it before you modify it.

Second, no schematic, OK. How about some nice clear photos.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Yes, no picture so nobody want to help or where start to help.
Why the newbie will thinking about here have so many mind reader?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I've been around here for several years now and it never changes. There's always another noobie around the corner. I've said it before - I'd bet half of all the posts here are to request more information, to have a chance at an answer.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I've been around here for several years now and it never changes. There's always another noobie around the corner. I've said it before - I'd bet half of all the posts here are to request more information, to have a chance at an answer.
In Taiwan we have a repairing website to repairing much stuff, if the new thread posting on tech forums to asking some tech problems then he must attach the pictures otherwise the moderators will remove the thread to the resource recycle can, if that happened twice as this then he will be inhibited the posts authority for one week, and then the thread starter can be modify the thread on the resource recycle can or posts a new thread including the pictures.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Interesting. Filtering would be a nice addition here but would require a lot of input from the mods, so I wouldn't hold my breath. ;)
It would impose a hurdle on first time posters, by design, and that might scare some of them off. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
This is already covered in the "Please Read" sticky at the top of the Projects page.
Much like the Terms of Service, new people won't read the instructions, so it's up to the helpers to ask for enough information to answer the question. :(

Arrbuc

Joined Oct 10, 2014
First, there is something wrong with the original circuit. I suggest that you fix it before you modify it.

Second, no schematic, OK. How about some nice clear photos.
Yes, I am working on the schematic. I think it'd done. I have to take a picture then I will upload the pic and a pic of the board and circuit and parts just in case I got it wrong.