Change this circuit to 12 volts

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
I think the 10mm for the LDR applies to its light sensitive area.???

Do you have the LDR on the bench.? or have you ordered one?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
That looks OK, we should be able to suggest a minor change to the P1 resistance chain.
Have you started building the project.?

Aurion45

Joined Aug 7, 2011
That fine ericgibbs.
ScottWang: ou don't need that much current, but if you want to and can buy it then it's OK.

Vds = Id * Rds
W = Vds * Id

So less Rds can reducing the power consumption.

OK will stick with the 5.3 mosfet.

Last edited:

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
For the LDR, instead of the bottom of the LDR being connected directly to 0v, connect it to 0v via a 39k resistor.
You should still have enough control with pot P1.

E

Aurion45

Joined Aug 7, 2011
Not good enough, hate Paint.
I'm using Diytrace Full Edition but finding it hard to use.
Also using Pad2Pad to make my boards, very easy to use.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Nope, Sorry, I was ... Squirrel!

I'll get er done this weekend. The idea is you can squeeze a power out the batteries with a joule thief arrangemet.

Aurion45

Joined Aug 7, 2011
Nope, Sorry, I was ... Squirrel!

I'll get er done this weekend. The idea is you can squeeze a power out the batteries with a joule thief arrangemet.
Cool I'm looking forward to it, as I've got a handle at using Diptrace now, making patterns and components and circuits even make a QX5252F with T0-94 body pattern, as I'm mucking around with this chip as well.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
OK, it always pays to define the circuit parameters before doing a design.

You want 53 LEDs? Just curious, why the odd number (and a prime to boot)? Are you trying to create a pattern?

We want to merge these two schematics...

Working.png
The Joule Thief arrangement will run a 1 hz blinker for 1 month off two AAA batteries. It is pretty energy efficient.

Something to be aware of, you do not need to run LEDs full out all the time. I rarely do this, even when I am using them as a light source. An odd thing, but when they are flashing at intense brightnesses (from the 70Khz oscillator) they can appear brighter than the average power would indicate.

Last edited: