Change the Frequency of a Commercial Transmitter

Discussion in 'Wireless & RF Design' started by Frozenport, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Frozenport

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Hello,

I cannibalized a toy remote control sender and receiver to control a device via some transistors.

I need to make a second one of these devices, but I only have 27mhz transmitters and receivers. I was wondering if there is some easy to administer change that can be made to the transmitter-receivers so that the signals will not interfere. I am hoping to change maybe one or two resistors or capacitors...

2. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    I did that in 1955. It wasn't legal then is probably still isn't, unless they are very low power.

Are the transmitters crystal/SAW controlled? If not, you may be able to change the frequency. If you do change the frequency, do you have the ability to tune the receivers to the new frequency? What type of receivers are they? What level of separation will be required to maintain separate actions?

A legal way is to encode the signal for each pair of receiver/transmitter, much like is done for garage door openers. That way, one transmitter doesn't open every door on the street. Check out Reynolds Electronics here: http://www.rentron.com/remote.htm

John

3. ELECTRONERD

May 26, 2009
    You might be able to use the "heterodyne technique." I suggest you research it.