Chainsword

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Hey zombie, stay still for no less that 15 seconds while I saw you in half. Lol. Looks like a modified pole saw, I wonder why he disposed with the pole. Seems that would let you gnaw zombies up from a more comfortable distance. And do they not already make those battery powered?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Since this is supposed to take after the Warhammer 40k universe, this weapon is meant to take upon living opponents, not undead ones. In that aspect, it could be pretty effective.

Still, pretty lame, compared to the original concept

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Well whatever, zombie, live person, if I were going up against a foe, I think I would prefer a traditional chainsaw. Much more usable blade surface, more powerful, no charging time. Plus more likely to make someone crap their pants before I saw their head off. You know, if I were to chop someone's head off, I wouldn't be fully satisfied unless I found a loaf in their britches afterwards.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Nah, I'd go for the small one. The opponent could grab a big chainsaw and throw me off-balance before I could take a swing at them. Let alone swing it for more than 20 times.

Besides, you only need to wound someone to win a fight.

But enough blood and gore; It's pretty inappropriate for AAC. I'm dropping out of this.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Come on man! I'm using a chainsaw at least twice a year to prune and cut trees.

That damn thing is too heavy to be used in a fight. I'm not a medieval knight, to be able to swing a 5kg mace around, let alone a 7kg chainsaw.

I think the other guy could dodge, side-step me and counter attack every time I tried to swing at him.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
No objections there. But since I'm not trained to use any of the above as combat weapons, I don't think it would make much difference...
Nor am I. But, as a weirdo with a penchant for making improvised edged weapons, I must stay true to myself.

Metalmann, I've posted this a few times over the years, but I'm not sure if you were around for it. It's MY home made SHTF weapon. One of them.
http://youtu.be/dbPj9sytyPw

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
Nor am I. But, as a weirdo with a penchant for making improvised edged weapons, I must stay true to myself.

Metalmann, I've posted this a few times over the years, but I'm not sure if you were around for it. It's MY home made SHTF weapon. One of them.
http://youtu.be/dbPj9sytyPw

Fantastic video! In the old days, I made several knives/machetes out of the old leaf springs...but I didn't put all the extra work you did, especially on the polishing steps. Mostly for throwing knives, defense, clearing out brush, cutting down small trees with one blow, and chopping down corn stalks.:D

I also have a brand spanking new, 2.5 HP motor, for making the belt grinder. Wanted to use a VFD drive system on it. Due to recent health problems, I haven't even got the belt grinder base assembled yet.
Had to close down my metal shop, due to health.
I actually saw your video a few years back, but didn't know it was you.;)

Keep up the good work, man. You never know when your health will kick the crapola out of your future plans.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
"But since I'm not trained to use any of the above as combat weapons"....

George, there is no time like the present, to get started learning this stuff. If I can try to learn electronics at 76, you should have zero problems.;):cool:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
"But since I'm not trained to use any of the above as combat weapons"....

George, there is no time like the present, to get started learning this stuff. If I can try to learn electronics at 76, you should have zero problems.;):cool:
Nah, I'll pass.

It's all a matter of time management. I prefer spending mine making UAVs and try to sneak in some jogging to prevent the beer-belly.

It's not like I have to fend for my life every other day, anyway. I'm a child of my era, not the era 5 centuries ago.