ch 2 solid state theory

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Peter O'Dette, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Peter O'Dette

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 11, 2009
    pg 51 last paragraph ref. to figure 2.24 (a) should be 2.24 (b)
    pg 52 first paragraph ref. to figure 2.24 (b) should be 2.24 (c)
    pg 54 last sentence missing a period
    pg 55 sec 2.6 first paragraph typo "an" should be and
    pg 56 figure 2.29 (a and b) add labels forward and reverse bias under each drawing to make reference easier
    pg 56 figure 2.30 (a) may want to state that this diagram is for a forward bias junction
    pg 56 last paragraph ( "only leakage" should be changed to leakage current)
    pg 57 last paragraph spelling error (recombinetion should be recombination)
    pg 58 sec 2.7 junction diode 2nd paragraph may want to add after galena, " a natural mineral form of PdS."
    pg 58 last full paragraph - 2 periods after diode
    pg 59 fig 2.32 b - may want to mention the ohmic contact shown on top of the P+. ( this may be looked a from the description as the encapsulated area)

2. Dcrunkilton

E-book Co-ordinator

Jul 31, 2004
    made these corrections
    I think this was already corrected, couldn't find it. Found: The problem is two separate and distinct crystal bodies.
    Figure 03409.png changed, forward, reverse. Changed from (a) PN junction to (a) Forward biased PN junction
    Make these changes.
    The third paragraph already mentions the mineral galena.
    Got it.
    I am going to leave this one the way it is for the time being. I am not clear on what to do to it. I guess one could say (b) is an Ohmic contact (as opposed to a rectifing metal contact like a schottky diode). Is the point contact diode (a) actually a schottky diode? I'll have to research this last one more, or look for some more feedback