Centre tapped full wave rectification

C13Sauber

Joined Aug 17, 2008
Hi there members.
I am a electronic engineer student from Australia, I am stuck on a few things with rectification.

I am stuck on a few symbol meanings such as; V2pk (No Load), V2pk (Full Load) and (V2pk ').

The (V2pk ') does not make sense at all. Isn't V2pk (Full Load) after the diode rectification?

I have also included a diagram of a full wave rectification therefore it may make it easier jotting down where the voltage changes etc.

Best regards,
Anthony

Attachments

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Hello Anthony, and welcome to the forums :)
First of all, the schematic you attached is not a center-tapped full-wave rectifier; it is a full wave bridge rectifier.

A center-tapped full-wave rectifier would have a grounded center tap in the transformer's secondary winding, and two diodes for rectification.

V2pk (No Load) - This could be the peak voltage across the resistor or the peak forward voltage (Vf) across the diode when there is no load.
V2pk (Full Load) - This could be the peak voltage across the resistor or the peak Vf of the diode at full rated load. It will be considerably higher across the diode or lower across the resistor than the "no load" voltage.
(V2pk ') - This could be the minimum voltage at crossover, or the peak voltage across the diode when it is reversed biased.

There are 300 turns on the secondary winding, but there is no number given for the primary winding. Without more information, it's not possible to estimate the voltage in the secondary winding.

C13Sauber

Joined Aug 17, 2008
I think ive got it, correct me if I am wrong. I have read through that weblink you posted "beenthere". I have attached the FW rectification diagram again.

Best regards,
Anthony

Attachments