Cell Phones

i-blaine

Joined Feb 5, 2011
Hello All,

I would like to know what are the chances of a brand new cell phone becoming defective or having issues after it has been tested for non defects prior to being delivered to a customer during the course of a 12 mth period if well taken care of by a customer??

Would there be a time when the price of smart-phones become so cheap that it would not make economical sense to have them repaired??

Thanks
i-blaine

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The manufacturer may have a figure for MTBF (mean time between failures) for each model cell phone. What might be an agreed-on definition of "well taken care of"?

However, without stating the nature of the failure, the question is awfully vague. Is it a mechanical failure, or a defective IC?

Would there be a time when the price of smart-phones become so cheap that it would not make economical sense to have them repaired??
That needs someone with a crystal ball to answer. If the same model got produced for several years with no changes, then that might bring your condition about. When the trend is to pop out upgrades and new models several times a years, it's not likely to happen.