Catch the Moving Ball Game

Rubarry

Joined Apr 22, 2011
hi I'm new here & this is my first post, I need your help guys, I have to make a project using "Quartus II 7.2 web Edition" & I don't know how to start so please help me, here is the project :

Description:
The game consists of Seven lights (LEDs) will represent a moving ball and two pushbuttons, one of them will start the game, and the other one will be used to catch this moving ball when it reaches a specific location determined by three toggle switches. A single "ON" light moves from left to right and then it returns back from right to left.

The rules:
1) The player has 7 trials to catch the moving ball.
2) If the player catch the ball number of success will incremented, else number of falls will be incremented.
3) Number of success and falls should be displayed on a seven segment display.
4) After 7 trials the following should be occur:
 The game will be ended, the ball should stop moving.
 If number of success is greater than number of falls then the character S should be displayed on a third seven segment display, else the character L should be displayed on a third seven segment display.
 The game will be started again by press the Start pushbutton

bluemarvin

Joined Apr 19, 2011
Sounds like you need to start with an LPM up-down counter to cycle from 1 to 7 then back. Send the count output to one input of a 3-bit comparator and the 3 toggle switches to the other input. Also the count output must go to a decoder or demux with its output going to the 7 led's. The comparator output will assert when the counter output equals the ganged toggle switch value. AND the comparator output with the Catch switch. You'll have to add some logic to count the error states when Catch is asserted but Comparator out is not, to count the number of tries, etc. I hope you already know how to use Quartus

Rubarry

Joined Apr 22, 2011
Sounds like you need to start with an LPM up-down counter to cycle from 1 to 7 then back. Send the count output to one input of a 3-bit comparator and the 3 toggle switches to the other input. Also the count output must go to a decoder or demux with its output going to the 7 led's. The comparator output will assert when the counter output equals the ganged toggle switch value. AND the comparator output with the Catch switch. You'll have to add some logic to count the error states when Catch is asserted but Comparator out is not, to count the number of tries, etc. I hope you already know how to use Quartus
I appreciate your concern :) & I know how to use Quartus. I understand what you said above but I want to ask you a favor if you can make a small diagram or write a verilog program, this project is very important to me

bluemarvin

Joined Apr 19, 2011
You need to do your own work for this assignment...you won't learn anything if you don't do your own work. Your class is about learning, not just making a good grade. Stop begging and get to work. Or change your major to business administration.

Rubarry

Joined Apr 22, 2011
You need to do your own work for this assignment...you won't learn anything if you don't do your own work. Your class is about learning, not just making a good grade. Stop begging and get to work. Or change your major to business administration.
I'm not begging ok :mad: but no one replied on my topic except you, anyway I'm really regret to join this forum and this is my last post

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Can you make a stream diagram what happens during the game?
This will help you to make any circuits.

Bertus