Careful at those Chinese Buffets! :)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by maxpower097, Oct 2, 2012.

1. maxpower097

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
  2. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Too many links,we need more of orginal stuff.

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I thought it was funny. Glad they are not local.

4. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Our local ones have rat and roach violations all the time,yet they stay busy.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  5. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    The walk the fishing bridges and piers in the morning looking for leftover trashfish to serve in their resturaunts.

6. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    Reminds me of the time I ate a the Chinese resturant that "just" opened on the island of Nantucket in 1989 ... sounded like a cat was being killed in the kitchen. I looked up at the other Chief that was having lunch with me and said ... "Did you hear that! You know you never see a cat within a mile of a Chinese resturant." The other patrons didn't appreciate my commentary. :D

DerStrom8 likes this.
  7. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Your fine then, its the ones that have 30 cats living out back because their being baited that you gotta worry.

8. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    A comment, what happen to all the fresh food that is not fresh

anymore.Do have any foods people around,or educated wonders.

9. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Well the good stuff gets sold off to the highest bidder which would be resturaunts and high end grocers like Fresh Market, Wild Oats, Import/export places etc... The good stuff gets sold to normal resturaunts, good chain grocers like Publix, Albertsons, Sweatbay, produce stands, etc.. The cheap stuff goes to cheap produce stands, low end resturaunts, and low end grocers like Kroger, Walmart, Sams, etc..And the really low end food goes to Cambles and places like that for processed foods and dog foods.

10. luvv

May 26, 2011
    My very first tax paying job was a prep cook for a Vietnamese restaurant.

They were meticulous when it came to cleanliness along w/ being the hardest working owners I have ever met.

They where frugal to say the least,nearly no kitchen waste,they ate what they couldn't serve or sent it home w/ me.

After a few days there I asked jokingly "sooo where do you keep the cat?" the owner just scowled and said" never say cat while at work,ignorant people will hear you."

Was there a little over a year before moving to another town where I took a job at a French restaurant,now there was a nasty place.

People payed 3x the price for 5x nasty food,moral of the story is kill it, cook it yourself or roll the dice and accept the consequences.