Career guidance needed in Embedded

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by sunilshahu, Sep 2, 2012.

1. sunilshahu

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Hello,
    I am recent grad and working as firmware engg for msp430 since couple of months. I have knowledge of msp430,Avr,8051 mcus.. now, to grow better as embedded software professional what should i learn next. There are many things to start like ARM, RTOS, LInux and all other stuff.. Suggestions are welcome..
    And Thanx in advance..:)

2. debjit625

Apr 17, 2010
    Learn to make lots of money that will be most helpfull thing in your future...

ErnieM, nobody0608 and maxpower097 like this.
  3. Rbeckett

Sep 3, 2010
    Sunil,
    If you havent learned C or C++ then you should get that out of the way as soon as possible. Then a machine level language if your still interested. Good luck on your new job, and remember to try and learn something new everyday.
    Bob

4. happyganl

Dec 17, 2009
    I remember there was a time I learned mcu,C,C++.but those all become history:rolleyes:

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Smile when you say that, pardner.:D

6. sunilshahu

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 29, 2012
    @Rbeckett - As i know machine language is MACHINE dependent. So is there any general sets of rule and syntex for machine language which can be implied to all or its entirely different for diffent machine?

@debjit625 - Money will make its way to my pocket.. Not a big deal... :D

7. mrinalini

Aug 28, 2012
    help me out too i knew programming in C ,C++, MCUs, PICs..what next i can do???