Car Audio- help needed

bhavesh96el

Joined Apr 24, 2006
Hello Every one.

I have Ford Flacon car since year. ( 1990 make) it has got Phillips make car radio and caseet system which is security coded. I don't have that code. and i need to find out.

Is it possible ?

If not then anyway we can do something with hardware to break the security code ?

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
If you can't find out the code from your Ford Dealer (via their database.... rego vs PIN) then there is really no way around it. The whole point of security encoding is to make the Theft of one a pointless exercise unless the PIN is known. Any loopholes could quickly be exploited by thieves, so normally none exist. Normal microprocessor function is "Locked Out" by the micro, until the correct code is entered. Replacing or reprogramming the Micro is not practical, so without the code, Im afraid you'll be Updating the stereo.
I suggest one of the CD/MP3 models with card and USB inputs (and NO security codes).

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by bhavesh96el@May 1 2006, 03:56 AM
Hello Every one.

I have Ford Flacon car since year. ( 1990 make) it has got Phillips make car radio and caseet system which is security coded. I don't have that code. and i need to find out.

Is it possible ?

If not then anyway we can do something with hardware to break the security code ?
[post=16715]Quoted post[/post]​
There are ways to obtain the code or even reset the pin, but the legality of these seems questionable. The legal way is to obtain one from your local Ford service centre, they might need the serial number/VIN and proof that you own the car.