Car Audio Amplifier

Lanz

Joined Oct 30, 2008
I had installed a car amplifier in my car.The connection is like this:Head Unit to Pre-Amp to Amplifier to Speakers.On the Pre-Amp and Power Amplifier has these inputs +12V,GND and Remote-ON.I know the remote-on function is to turn on the unit but can i directly hook it up from the car battery?Does this remote-on has any connection rules to be followed?Do this remote-on is connected to a relay inside of the amplifier?

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
The best thing to do is to feed your amp directly from the battery with a adequate cable(+12 volt). Then you connect the remote to +12 volt signal that is activated by the ignition switch. The remote signal will not require much current but your amp will do.

Lanz

Joined Oct 30, 2008
The best thing to do is to feed your amp directly from the battery with a adequate cable(+12 volt). Then you connect the remote to +12 volt signal that is activated by the ignition switch. The remote signal will not require much current but your amp will do.
Ok,can i connect the remote to +12v of battery?Will it give any problem?

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
The thing is that you do want to minimize the cable resistance (or impedance for that matter). Even a switch will include some resistance. If you are going to use a switch then place the switch on the remote input.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
I had installed a car amplifier in my car.The connection is like this:Head Unit to Pre-Amp to Amplifier to Speakers.On the Pre-Amp and Power Amplifier has these inputs +12V,GND and Remote-ON.I know the remote-on function is to turn on the unit but can i directly hook it up from the car battery?Does this remote-on has any connection rules to be followed?Do this remote-on is connected to a relay inside of the amplifier?

The "remote on" on the amplifier can be connected to the BLUE wire on the back of the stereo which is usually used for power antennas..... the amp will come on whenever you turn the radio on..... this is usually how it is done.... or you can put a toggle switch between the "remote on" wire and +12....

My .02

Lanz

Joined Oct 30, 2008
The "remote on" on the amplifier can be connected to the BLUE wire on the back of the stereo which is usually used for power antennas
Before this,im using my CD player remote-on option but the player spoilt ready.Now im using FM Modulator which can read music files from pendrive n memory card.
the amp will come on whenever you turn the radio on.this is usually how it is done
Yes,i aware of this.
or you can put a toggle switch between the "remote on" wire and +12
Yes,i use switch after my CD player spoilt.I just want to know wether its ok or not if i drag a wire from +12V for Remote-On.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
The remote use very little current so you can take it from almost everywhere in your car that conduct +12 volt also directly from the battery via a switch.