Capacitors and Inductors difference

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Teslafan, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Teslafan

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Hi all,
    I am currently trying to solve a problem on load modelling and i am looking for some ideas. In a static system containing capacitors, inductors and resistors i am trying to find out a way to analyze it and come out with the percentage or the actual number of capacitive, inductive and resistive share.
    The resistive share is relatively easily calculated using the active power parameter. I am having trouble distinguishing the other two components. The only thing that i can think right now is that in very low and very high frequencies these parts behave totally different so if i apply a test signal i could maybe measure one of them.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. ericgibbs

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 29, 2010
  3. Teslafan

Mar 8, 2011
    Thanks for the response. The link is for the LTspice group in yahoo. Which file of the lib folder is to see?

4. ericgibbs

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 29, 2010
  5. Teslafan

Mar 8, 2011
    I already work on LTspice program and this is the one i am currently using. The concept for my thoughts is that i have an unknown load box and i am trying to determine the percentage of capacitance, inductance and resistance. So my LTspice file now consists of 3 circuits each one containing from one element and a fourth circuit containing all of them, so there is nothing big to show at the moment. But thanks for the response, LTspice is indeed the best spice simulation program..

6. ericgibbs

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 29, 2010
    hi TF,
    I would be interested to see your LTS sim work when you are ready, so please post your LTS asc files.
    Eric

7. Teslafan

Mar 8, 2011
    Ok i have uploaded my asc file. Like i said earlier i haven't build anything yet since i am trying to determine some way to distinct the three components. I already found a way for the resistor. Now i was wondering if i could measure the capacitance or inductance using Wien or/ and Maxwell bridge, but i don't know if that could work by applying the circuit into a system that contains both unknown components at the same time.. Maybe a combination of these two bridges will give a solution!