Capacitor Questions.

Evilsanta31

Joined Dec 29, 2014
Sorry it's the third uploaded picture that I think we're the issues lie, I'm fairly confident on a,b and c parts of the question and its parts d and e were I think I've gone astray. I've posted up the question from my assignment and then the attempts at completing it. I'll try and put arrows to the offending items later when I'm finished work.
Thanks Alan

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
... I would recommend using a hosting service like tinypic.com instead of uploading them here directly.
Cheers!
It is preferred, by the Forum, to always upload attachments here. Some hosting sites are intrusive (I don't know tinypic). Also, many times externally hosted pictures "disappear".

Evilsanta31

Joined Dec 29, 2014
This is the assignment question im working on.
This is my attempt at A, B and C and think these are correct, I have added these in as answers may be needed for further parts.
This photo is where I think I have got stuck, Im just checking everything is ok with these two before re-submitting it for marking as its the only question I got wrong. D ends at the scored out section and E begins below the scored out section.

Thanks Alan

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Your work is cutoff in the image so we can't see your result, but it looks like you are doing fine. Specifically, you have noted that the voltage across the capacitor is also the voltage across the resistor (or the negative of it depending on how you assign your polarities, which you NEED to do and haven't, thus when you say Vr it is ambiguous as to what you actually mean).

Evilsanta31

Joined Dec 29, 2014
Thanks, didn't realise the result was cut off, got an answer of 0.5v. I'll check and note my polarity, thanks again for your help.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
As a general rule, answers in engineering should be reported to three sig figs unless there is a specific reason to do otherwise. This one is close enough that most people will accept that unless they are trying to drive home working with sig figs.