Capacitive touch sensor - without library?

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by Captain E, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Captain E

Thread Starter Member

Jun 16, 2015
    (Moved here from electronics group, sorry about that, mods)
    Hi!
    Is there any way of making a simple capasitive sensor for a finger touch without using a library like CapSense?
    I have found a lot of tutorials on these sensors but all of them is with help from a library. Of cource I can use a library, but I like to understand what is happening, so I want to do the "library" code myself, if that's a good idea.

Thanks!

2. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    I have a couple of questions. What microprocessor is this for (assuming it's an Arduino) ? And why don't /can't you use the library?

You could start with the library and modify it for your own purposes.

3. Captain E

Thread Starter Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Hi and thanks for helping! :D I just like doing things myself and not give a bunch of credit for libraries as I said.
    What is most important I think, is how hard/time consuming it would be to write a library like that by myself? (do you think?)
    If it's peace a cake, then I like to do it myself and learn what is happening and be able to modify it. If not, I'll go with the library :3

4. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    My point is that you have the library source code as a model. By studying it, you'll get a feel for what you have to do.

5. Captain E

Thread Starter Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Oh I didnt thought of that o_O by bad.. I'll check out the source code and try to understand it :p Thanks for the help! :3