cap components ?

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
I am always running into the problem of not have a capacitor value
I am wondering where I can order like in bulk (not to much bulk)
like 50 to 1000 capacitors 20 of each kind or something ,...

I just want to start making a big electronic component supply in my place so when every I see or design a circuit I don't have to constantly send away for a new part...

Biggest concern is the capacitor I have found that I constantly don't have a particlar value or it has to low of a voltage rating ,...etc.
I would like to have at the vary least all the values and varible cap's out their that I will need. ( and all the voltage ratings I would need to be safe just go with the higher voltage rating ones.)

I usually do stuff from power supply circuits to RF circuits , amplifiers circuits. But their is other applications as well not confined to these circuits. So I need all the pico , nano , micro fard values....etc

I am really sick of trying to make series/parrel combinations of caps some times I can some times I cann't.

For resistors I can pretty much get all the sizes in 1/8 , 1/4 , 1/2 watts at radioshack and these are usually all I need. Plus in the rare case that I need 1watt or more power resistors I can still find them locally at radioshack in seperate componets or at an electrical supply store.

But when it comes to caps noway I always have to go to the junk yard and gut some electronics device for them.

Thanks for any help in where I should order in bulk these caps/varcaps.
And wondering how much it will cost I want to keep it relatively within reason $.

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
Component suppliers like DigiKey, RS, Farnell, Mouser etc sell almost everything you want.
Ok so what supplier has the best prices and which ones would you prefer to order from?

Would these component suppliers sell in bulk.
And I would want to buy from a supplier in the US. Don't want to go out side the US.

I am looking for a component supplier who has relatively cheap prices and great quality components.

It would be nice if their is away to order all the cap/varcap values 10 of each or so by not having to order each cap value seperatly in bulk.
Is their some place in the US that sells all the values/voltage ratings of caps/varcaps in bulk altogether. So I don't have to manual buy each value seperately defeating my purpose ....

A link would be great thanks again.

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
I bought from Digikey and I know they have stores in US. Also, the offer free dlivery for orders over 50 GBP. You can e-mail them and ask them to send you the components you want for the desired range.

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
I bought from Digikey and I know they have stores in US. Also, the offer free dlivery for orders over 50 GBP. You can e-mail them and ask them to send you the components you want for the desired range.
what is GBP ?

And if you had a link to the us digikey website and an email I could email them at that would be great. Seems to good to be true you can email what you want to them , I would think they would have you add to cart things ,...etc by email where would the authentication/ordering be done.
This could be a security risk....?

Thanks for your help