Can't spell?

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
You gotta love that site! My first search (or a misspelled word) gave me:

From Wikipeetia the misspelled encyclopedia said:
Teh 404 or Nto Foudn irror mesage is en HTP standart reponse code endicateng taht teh cliennt wass able to comunicate wiht teh sirvir but teh sirvir coudl nto fidn waht wass erquested. 404 irrors shoud nto be confused wiht "sirvir nto foudn" or silimar irrors, iin whcih a conection to teh destenation sirvir coudl nto be made at al. A 404 irror endicates taht teh erquested ersource mai be availabe iin teh futuer.
Seriusly, does anyone else have trouble with the Firefox built in spell check NOT flagging misspelled words, and I don't mean those words it doesn't check like words with num3ers but words like "Seriusly."

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Firefox has a spell chequer? I musta turned it off when I was killing nags...um...suggestions. Whatever. (I don't like my computer trying to have a conversation with me.)

To answer your question, No. I turned it off.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Well, seriusly is flagged from by firefox browser. Actually, I have found many of my spelling misconceptions through firefox.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
No, seriusly, I left "Seriusly" in my post because Firefox did NOT flag it, and it isn't flagging the non-upper case version in this post either (it's getting the next capitalized one).

Oops, not any more!

(Just noticed if you disable then re-enable spell check it runs it all again and catches things it had been missing. Another classic PITA.)

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
When I start typing spellcheck and the other services are the last thing on my mind.
When I have story to tell the value of the story come first.You notice I don,t paste
or any of that stuff.That Is good and bad,It can make you a Norman Rockwell of type set.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I'm just the opposite, I care about spelling and grammar, and love my spellchecker. My Dad taught me a trick to writing well, maximum verbosity, then ruthless culling. If something doesn't say what you want it to say then out it goes.