Can't see wave or signal !!

Thevenin's Planet

Joined Nov 14, 2008
Happy Continuation !!

I having difficulty in determining the shape of signal or wave thur the digital and analog meters. Is it any one who have a meter to sell for $30.00 or cheaper.That perceive above human voice vibration to what ever hertz.I have often wonder how Graham Bell and the others in the remarkable era managed without Oscilloscopes. Just being curious when was the first Oscilloscope was use in a laboratory or invented ??

Last edited:

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
A meter will give you amplitude but you can only assume what the circuit waveform looks like without an oscilloscope. The early experimenters simply modified their circuits until the output signal was what was desired. Likely a lot of trial and error involved. Here's a little oscilloscope history for you.

Thevenin's Planet

Joined Nov 14, 2008
Sparkfun have one as a kit for $29.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10140

Or you could go up in price to approx $60 and get a DSnano pocket sized oscilloscope. :)

The above image is a frequency counter.I have one on my digital meter.Those scope that were shown are in $300 range,but its a good web site I did't know existed.The other suggestion is more appealing,that is DSNANO website.Must finish reading the reviews of likes and don't likes.Thanks a lot.