Cant find spares or find equivalent spares for . IC . PR6203DP 1023

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by gaz7, Dec 22, 2014.

1. gaz7

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 22, 2014
    I've a secondary Logik DAB radio ( working order ) that is being put to use for repairing another identical Logik DAB radio . Because of no available schematic on the internet with search issues result .

What I am doing is checking the Component Details .

What I have spotted on the Faulty broken Logik radio is a IC Chip lid snapped of and a burnt resistor . Thus not powering up .

Is there any somewhat Comprehensive search field component equivalent or spares for sale websites that could help

So far I am looking for the IC and I have yet to de solder the resistor and check colour band to trace the . Ohms

If you could help that'd be fantastic

Thankyou !

2. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    It is very likely a custom IC with in house ID markings. Your chances of finding a replacement are dim at best. When people make proprietary products they are not anxious to publish things like schematics. Surprisingly there is no requirement for a manufacturer to provides for spare parts or repairability in any product.

3. gaz7

Dec 22, 2014
    Hi Papa Bravo . Thankyou for trying to help me with the issues of repairing the Logik Dab radio . ( I have a number of these to fix for my elderly aunty and daughter ) After a basic trace and search of the internet the Chip seems to show lots of spares availability within China . I have ordered 1 . though I don't know if there is going to be any possibility of complications with . thus . payment and being forwarded .

It'd be wonderful to fix these numbers of Dab radios with help from this resource

Thankyou Mega !

4. takao21203

Distinguished Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Its not. Its a SMPS controller, they are quite interchangeable as long as the transformer topology is the same.

You can obtain said part on aliexpress
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-PR6203DP-DIP8/1995198129.html

for which you need a credit card no paypal accepted.

You can register after that you can contact the shop owner ask about datasheet PDF for PR6203 IC.

5. takao21203

Distinguished Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Also the power supply is seperate thus quite interchangeable.
    Chances are the radio board has a damage too. Why did the IC fry? Mains surge?

Having surge arrestors in the house isnt a wrong idea.

Optocoupler and bridge rectifier might be damaged too, fuse blown (in the shrink tube might be a fuse). Then you replace it and the capacitor explodes...Check with a DMM.

6. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    You should be careful with chips from China. It would not be unusual for you to get a plastic package with a leadframe and no silicon inside. Proceed carefully and without high expectations. There is no guarantee that just replacing the obviously damaged chips will result in a functional unit.

Good Luck.

7. gaz7

Dec 22, 2014
    Hi Takao . I shall check associated components for issues if these are damaged I'll then replace before powering up the DAB Radio . I've read some computer training guides and it says to not only replace the burnt and damaged components though also damaged associated spares in case there is after effects issues . Such as finding that new spares have been fitted though on power up there is other components not checked and these cause further damage .

Valid point you've made

Thankyou Papa Bravo . for the warning to do with purchasing " not real spares " like you said " plastic package with a lead frame and no silicon inside " The terms from the IC Chip supplier says . If I am not happy with goods I can be provided with a refund and also if in case the goods don't get delivered I can also get a refund .

Hope I can make this a much useful repair

Thankyou for your Kind Help !