Cannot get the simulation to work

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hello Sir... I did and made the schematics exactly as you have described.. Can you tell me how can I see the graph... I cannot seem to find it..

And by the way about those jumpers that has been used :: I ca see there is 5v jumper used with the battery and also with the other components but what about the jumper of ground in CD4017..??
And furthermore will the circuit not work in Interactive(DC) mode ? Since when i am clicking on Start it's showing Operating point not found.

Do check the attachments..
Hi

Set "Zero initial values" in Transient Menu

CD4017 - internal ground is connected to ground by default so no need to set it.

Colon at voltage measurement pin positions the trace in the graph

write2diba

Joined Jul 19, 2015
Hi

Set "Zero initial values" in Transient Menu

CD4017 - internal ground is connected to ground by default so no need to set it.

Colon at voltage measurement pin positions the trace in the graph
Hi... I am getting a new problem now>>
I clicked on Transient in the Analysis menu and selected "Zero Initial Values".. Then when i click ok it says "Convergence problem.Check the analysis parameters"

What wrong am I doing? :(

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hi... I am getting a new problem now>>
I clicked on Transient in the Analysis menu and selected "Zero Initial Values".. Then when i click ok it says "Convergence problem.Check the analysis parameters"

What wrong am I doing? :(
I used the default values for all analysis parameters. I've posted my .TSC for you to try.
Be aware that the CD4017 outputs can only drive 6 ma maximum.

Can you post your Tina .TSC file?

Attachments

write2diba

Joined Jul 19, 2015
I used the default values for all analysis parameters. I've posted my .TSC for you to try.
Be aware that the CD4017 outputs can only drive 6 ma maximum.

Can you post your Tina .TSC file?
thanking you... i will try with your .TSC file
yes here is my .TSC file... Do tell me what's wrong in it..

Attachments

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
thanking you... i will try with your .TSC file
yes here is my .TSC file... Do tell me what's wrong in it..
I ran a sim using your .TSC file.

If you:
1. Frequency is about 1.3 Hz, so set start=0, end=20 seconds in Transient Menu
2. Set "Zero initial values" in Transient Menu

No errors.

Also,
For this sim, use an 3.2v@5ma LED (LNJ951C4BRA) with 1k-1.2k resistor

write2diba

Joined Jul 19, 2015
I ran a sim using your .TSC file.

If you:
1. Frequency is about 1.3 Hz, so set start=0, end=20 seconds in Transient Menu
2. Set "Zero initial values" in Transient Menu

No errors.

Also,
For this sim, use an 3.2v@5ma LED (LNJ951C4BRA) with 1k-1.2k resistor
Sorry... I fell sick and hence couldn't reply... Thank you very much for helping me out..

I must let you know that I have been using TINA 7 and hence my design which I made from your design was not working.. I meant to say the Transient analysis.. I updated to TINA 8 and my design is now working fine...
but somehow the .TSC file that you sent me is not working on both the versions.. Do you use TINA ver8?? Maybe that's why your file is not working in my system..

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Sorry... I fell sick and hence couldn't reply... Thank you very much for helping me out..

I must let you know that I have been using TINA 7 and hence my design which I made from your design was not working.. I meant to say the Transient analysis.. I updated to TINA 8 and my design is now working fine...
but somehow the .TSC file that you sent me is not working on both the versions.. Do you use TINA ver8?? Maybe that's why your file is not working in my system..
I'm using Tina-TI Ver 9.x. Its the latest version from TI.

See attached.

Attachments