Can WiFi signals be converted to energy ?

@hacker

Joined Nov 30, 2014
Hello,

An amplifier will need energy to function.
Where will you get that energy?

Bertus
Well thats not a big deal. They can be powered up using high voltage batteries. What I am trying to do is to transfer the energy from one device to another through wifi.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Well thats not a big deal. They can be powered up using high voltage batteries. What I am trying to do is to transfer the energy from one device to another through wifi.
No, that won't work. What part of all of this are you not understanding? You need to sit down and understand exactly what WiFi is and what it can and can not do.

Wi-Fi (or WiFi) is a local area wireless technology that allows an electronic device to participate in computer networking using 2.4 GHz UHF and 5 GHz SHF ISM radio bands.
WiFi is no more tha a means to transfer data without wires as in wireless. Data and not energy transfer. Therefore to answer your question the answer is No.

Ron

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
If I use amplifiers to amplify them at both the ends then would it be of any use?
Any use? Yes that's exactly how wifi communication works. A small data signal is added to an amplified wifi RF signal, transmitted from A to B, then recovered and amplified at the receiving radio.

The tiny wifi energy is thrown away as the valuable signal it carries is recovered. You pay for electricity at the transmitter and throw it out into the air, never to be seen again.

If by "any use", you mean as a way to transfer useful amounts of power from A to B, the answer is no. You would lose far more than you recover.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The tiny wifi energy is thrown away as the valuable signal it carries is recovered. You pay for electricity at the transmitter and throw it out into the air, never to be seen again.
So WiFi is similar to the US tax system where we throw money out and it's never to be seen again? :)

Ron

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
You can recharge batteries if you lay them on a grave overnight
During my school days, there seemed to be a belief going around that if you leave dry batteries outside on a hot day; "they charge up with mercury from the sun"!

Presumably raising the temperature accelerated depolariser action, but in the long term it also accelerated depletion of all the chemical reactions.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Bingo! Unfortunately he took his methods to the grave. Look Ma, no wires.

Ron
A recent documentary suggests various conspiracy theories - like the money men run him into the ground.

They weren't too sure - but they couldn't be too sure he wouldn't succeed.