Can WiFi signals be converted to energy ?

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
wi fi is low power, and also obeys the square law for power over distance. no useable power there.
So I can't power my home by stealing my neighbors Wi-FI.. :p
Darn.. Guess I'll go back to trying to figure out how to use this "Google" thing everyone talks about.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
There's a list of ineffective cancer treatments, and the list of fictional alternative energy, harvesting or self-supporting machine kinds is almost as long.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Here's how the scam works:

The "scientist" presents a lot of gear, including complicate spinning devices and measuring instruments and perferably, some kind of capacitors.

Then he's contacted by someone who has funds, and hopes to make more money.

He will claim he's very close to a breakthrough, the device actually works just cant be mass fabricated now. Some kind of investment is needed. The complicated machines are mainly presented in order to confuse, it may work well on someone who doesnt understand technology.

At a later stage, eventually some batches of fake devices are actually produced (such as clamp on magnets for fuel pipes).

there might be large magnets and hidden induction coils under the table (thats how these motors spin for hours from a tiny capacitor).

Its similar, but its certainly not WIFI.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
There's a list of ineffective cancer treatments, and the list of fictional alternative energy, harvesting or self-supporting machine kinds is almost as long.
A few years back, one supermarket chain floated the ide of tiling their car parks with piezo elements to harvest energy from the traffic flow.

AFAIK, the idea sank without trace.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
That article is dated from five years ago... how come those devices have not become more popular?
One old favourite was an inline auxiliary spark gap in the HT lead.

Someone I knew in the 60s bought a set of (allegedly) aircraft spark plugs with 3 non-adjustable side electrodes - the misfire at cruising RPM was abominable!

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Hey all, i have a question that can WiFi signals be converted to energy (DC power)? If yes then how?
Absolutely! WiFi signals are energy are they not? All transmitted signals are energy so all we need to do is receive them and convert them back to energy. When I was a kid during the late 50s I strung a 40 meter dipole antenna from a maple tree in front of the house to a cherry tree in the backyard for my first ever short wave receiver. I noticed that if I bumped the antenna wire against ground (copper water pipe) I saw a small spark. Imagine that, at 9 years old I discovered free energy. I pointed my new discovery out to my dad who actually was an EE. He wasn't as excited or amazed as I was but did encourage me to have at my new discovery. His words do still on occasion echo in my head, "Ronald, you can't get something for nothing". I discovered I could not even light a tiny flashlight lamp with my new found source of power. LEDs were not invented yet so I settled for flashlight lamps. :)

Ron